Become a certified Counsellor:
Counsellors help people to deal with their feelings and responses, and decide on actions they can take to solve problems and create change in their lives.CCI will help to provide legitimate certification to work as certified counsellor within country. To become a counsellor you need to understand that-
What you will do:-
Counsellors may do some or all of the following:
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and talk about what is happening in their lives
- Listen, respond to, and reflect with clients
- Help clients understand themselves, their needs and how to meet them
- Discuss changes that clients could make, and the consequences of those changes
- Support clients in making decisions
- Research ways to help deal with specific client problems
- Run workshops and courses for clients.
Skills and knowledge:-
Counsellors need to have:
- Counselling skills and up-to-date knowledge of different counselling theories and techniques
- Research, communication and listening skills
- Skill in analysing and evaluating human behaviour
- An understanding of human development and relationships
- Knowledge of social and cultural issues
- Knowledge of self-care strategies.
- Generally work regular business hours
- Work in offices and counselling rooms but may travel to visit prisons, schools, hospitals, client`s homes and other counselling centres.
What are the chances of getting a job?
Chances of getting a job as a counsellor are currently very bright for fresher and those having experience now a day. Every School, Hospitals and Care taking organization including all the Educational Institute having various opportunity in the sector of counselling.